DECLARATION OF CONSENT
You may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at [email@example.com], or by writing to Northern Digital Inc., 103 Randall Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2V 1C5.
Generally, you may browse the Site without directly providing any Personal Information (though we may automatically collect certain non-sensitive information as described further below, such as IP Address and log information). However, we may ask that you provide information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, at various times and locations through the Site. For example, if you decide to register with the Site to request information, you will be asked to provide information such as your name and email address. When using forms on the Site to communicate with us, you may choose to provide other Personal Information, such as your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. We may collect and store any Personal Information you input into the Site.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information when you transmit it from your computer to the Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sources: We may collect information about you in several ways, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you register with the Site, voluntarily provide it through your interaction with the Site, or communicating with us.
- Information collected or inferred from your use of the Site, such as information we automatically collect when you access and otherwise participate with the Site.
Data Types: We collect the following types of information about you:
- Contact and account information, such as name, email address, telephone number, and physical address.
- Technical information, such as IP address.
- Employment information, such as company name, business address, phone number, email address, or other professional information.
Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences.
We may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, in order to:
- contact you about the Site;
- notify you about important changes to the Site;
- evaluate products or services we could offer to you;
- monitor or improve use of the Site;
- compare and otherwise use data entered by users for any purpose including consulting, research and marketing;
- customize any advertising and content you see on the Site;
- provide specific information to you from us and/or our affiliates; and
- send you promotional material from us and/or our affiliates.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
With certain legal exceptions and limitations, you may exercise the following rights. We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights.
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific Personal Information we have collected about you, the sources of Personal Information, the purpose for collecting the Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we have sold your Personal Information or shared it for a business purpose and the types of Personal Information sold or shared. You may also request information about any third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may request this information at the contact information above.
- Deletion. You may request that we delete your Personal Information.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties by clicking [here].
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct your Personal Information
You may exercise these rights by: sending us an email at [firstname.lastname@example.org]; writing to us at Northern Digital Inc., 103 Randall Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2V 1C5; or by calling 1 (877) 634 6340. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
Personal Information will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, or for such period as is required by law.
DATA TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
Data entered on our website may be transferred to servers in the U.S., E.U. and Canada and stored there. Your data may be used and disclosed by the Company and its divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other entities outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) including in the U.S. Please note that in countries outside the country in which you live, and in particular outside the EU/EEA, a different standard of data protection might apply than the standard that you are used to in your own country.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell Personal Information about you to unrelated companies for their independent use. However, we may share your Personal Information with the categories of recipients described below:
- Northern Digital Inc.’s divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Third party service providers or other entities that are involved in the operation of the Site, help us provide you with our products and services, and that otherwise support our relationship with you (such as shipping or direct mailing organizations). In such cases, our agreements with these third parties do not permit them to use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than fulfilling those services.
- Law enforcement, government agencies, or other regulators to comply with law or legal requirements, to enforce our agreements, and to protect our rights and the property or safety of Northern Digital Inc., our users, or third parties.
- Transactional parties if we, or some or all of our assets, are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy.
- Your employer or coworkers if you receive our products or services in connection with your employment.
We may also share Personal Information that has been anonymized or aggregated with third parties for any purpose.
DOMAIN NAME AND IP ADDRESS
We collect the domain names and IP addresses of our visitors for statistical purposes, to measure use, to improve the content or responsiveness of the Site, or to customize the content or layout of the Site for the individual visitor. We do not disclose this information to third parties. We may also aggregate information relating to our visitors’ traffic patterns from the data that we collect and retain concerning the IP addresses and domain names of our visitors, and we may divulge such aggregate information about our users with third parties such as our business partners, distributors, and service and support providers.
You should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against all forms of interception. If your communication includes sensitive information about you or your company and you would prefer not to transmit this information in this fashion, please contact us by post or telephone rather than e-mail.
We collect email addresses that are: volunteered by the visitor; through e-mail messages addressed to us or our employees; through visitor responses via the “contact us” portion of the Site; or e-mail marketing destination web pages and public events. We use e-mail addresses for marketing purposes and to inform those interested in our products about events, products, services or other items of interest. We may also use e-mail addresses volunteered by our visitors to register the visitor for an extranet account, to process orders for brochures and other written materials, or otherwise to respond to a visitor’s request.
On the Site we will ask you to consent to being contacted by us for promotional and marketing purposes. However, you may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by notifying us as a reply to any unwanted e-mail, by using the unsubscribe function in our newsletter, contacting us at [email@example.com], or by writing to us at Northern Digital Inc., 103 Randall Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2V lC5. Requests to unsubscribe from NDI e-mails may take 5 business days to process.
COOKIES AND DO NOT TRACK
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. We use one type of cookie to maintain your login information for as long as you are using the Site. No Personal Information is stored in this cookie and the cookie is deleted from your computer when you leave the Site. Our second cookie type simply identifies you as you move throughout the Site, providing faster, personalized access to view various site pages.
We do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers at this time.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access, use, or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by sending us an email at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or writing to us Northern Digital Inc., 103 Randall Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2V lC5.
Whilst every effort and measure is taken to reduce the risk of data breaches, we have dedicated controls and procedures in place for such situations, along with the procedures that are required to make notifications to the relevant Supervisory Authority and data subjects (where applicable).
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Plugins of the social network Facebook (Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California, 94025, USA) are integrated in our website. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the Like button on our site. You can find an overview of Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you do not want Facebook to link your visit to our site to your Facebook user account, log out of your Facebook account.
Only in exceptional cases will Google transfer the full IP address to a Google server in the USA and truncate it there. On behalf of the operator of this site, Google uses this information to analyze your use of the site, compile reports on site activities, and provide further services to the site operator relating to use of the site and the internet. The IP address transferred by your browser to Google Analytics is not linked with other Google data.
You can prevent cookies from being saved by altering the settings in your browser software, however we wish to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this site to the full extent. Furthermore, you can prevent the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie relating to your use of the site from being transferred to Google or processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Our site features functions of the service Twitter. These functions are provided by Twitter Inc., Twitter Inc. 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. If you use Twitter and the Retweet function, the websites you visit are linked to your Twitter account and disclosed to other users. At the same time, data is also transferred to Twitter.
You can change your data protection settings in Twitter under your account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
Collection and transfer of information: Using the Google +1 button, you can publish information worldwide. Using the Google +1 button, you and other users receive personalized content from Google and our partners. Google saves both the information you have submitted for +1 content as well as information about the site you were viewing when you clicked on +1. Your +1 information can be shown together with your profile name and photo in Google services, for example in search results or in your Google profile, or at other locations on websites and advertisements online. Google saves information about your +1 activities in order to improve Google services for you and other users. To be able to use the Google +1 button, you need a globally visible public Google profile which must contain at least the name selected for the profile. This name is used in all Google services. In some cases, this name can also replace another name which you have used when sharing content via your Google account. The identity of your Google profile can be shown to other users who know your email address or have other information which identifies you.